RAISING AWARENESS OF THE DANGERS OF BUTTON BATTERIES FOR CHILDREN
I was delighted to meet and help raise the profile of the work of the The Harper-Lee Foundation so that communities across the United Kingdom will become more aware of the danger of button battery ingestion.
I signed a pledge to raise awareness in my constituency so that we can avoid more tragic deaths and injuries from button battery and coin cell ingestion by children also supported by the Child Accident Prevention Trust.
Only through greater understanding can we prevent more accidents and deaths.
For more information on button and coin cell safety please visit https://www.capt.org.uk/button-battery-safety. More information on the Harper Lee Foundation can be found here - https://harperleefoundation.org.uk/.