GAS SAFETY WEEK

This Gas Safety Week, it is important to raise awareness of gas safety.


Installing a carbon monoxide detector in our home can alert us to to a potential carbon monoxide leak.

What is Carbon Monoxide?


Carbon monoxide is a poisonous gas which has no taste, colour or smell. A carbon monoxide leak can make an individual feel seriously ill and it can kill quickly without warning.


Causes of a carbon monoxide leak:


A carbon monoxide leak can come from many home appliances such as oil and gas boilers, gas fireplaces, gas cookers and other appliance you can find out more here.


What are the signs of a carbon monoxide leak?


Carbon monoxide can be produced when poorly maintained, incorrectly fitted or badly repaired appliances do not burn gas completely. Look out for the following signs that could indicate that a gas appliance is not working correctly, and CO may be present in the house:


*Floppy yellow or orange flame on your gas hob, rather than a crisp blue flame *Dark, sooty staining on or around gas appliances *Pilot lights that frequently blow out *Increased condensation inside window


You can find out more here https://protect-eu.mimecast.com/.../eNqtVdtu20YQ...




Useful Links
Search By Tags
  • Facebook Basic Black
  • Twitter Basic Black