THE EGLINTON TROPHY

Designed in 1839, the Eglinton Trophy stands in the foyer of North Ayrshire Council HQ at Cunninghame House, Irvine.

With 45kg of silver, the trophy, or testimonial, took four years to make was presented by friends and admirers to the 13th Earl of Eglinton to commemorate the medieval re-enactment known as the Eglinton Tournament held at Eglinton Castle, Kilwinning in 1843.

It is owned by the 19th Earl of Eglinton.

Useful Links
Search By Tags
  • Facebook Basic Black
  • Twitter Basic Black

External links