Today I took the opportunity to give an early Christmas greeting and thank you to postmen and women at Dalry, North Ayrshire's Royal Mail Sorting Office and had a good chat with postie, Sean.
Christmas is Royal Mail’s busiest time of the year and I saw the hard work and dedication of local postal workers to sort and deliver festive parcels, cards and letters.
I was shown around the office by Delivery Office Manager, Gino, and was introduced to the postmen and women, who will be pulling out all the stops to sort and deliver mail in Dalry and across North Ayrshire & Arran during the forthcoming busy Christmas period.
The Festive Season is Royal Mail’s busiest period, as millions of people shop online for gifts as well as sending Christmas cards and parcels. Royal Mail also plays a key role in e-commerce for many businesses sending goods to customers throughout Christmas shopping season.
At no other time is the hard work and dedication of postmen and women clearer than during the festive period. There is a huge amount of effort and dedication that goes into delivering a first class Christmas all over the country.
It was great to meet the team here in Dalry and thank them for the extraordinary lengths they will go to ensure Christmas parcels and cards are delivered to loved ones on time, as well as thanking them for delivering our mail services all through the year, in all weathers.
The last recommend posting dates for Christmas are:
Second Class – Tuesday 18 December 2018
First Class – Thursday 20 December 2018
Special Delivery – Saturday 22 December 2018
Customers can also help Royal Mail ensure that all their letters, cards and parcels are delivered as quickly and efficiently as possible by taking a few easy steps:
• Post early – Avoid disappointment by posting your cards and parcels early.
• Use the postcode – A clearly addressed card or parcel, with a postcode, and return address on the back of the envelope, will ensure quick and efficient delivery.
• Use Special Delivery – For valuable and important packages and parcels guarantee delivery with Royal Mail’s Special Delivery, which means your gift is tracked, traced and insured against loss.
• Wrap parcels well and always give a return address
• For more information about Royal Mail’s last recommended posting dates, please visit:https://www.royalmail.com/greetings or call 03457 740 740.