Job Vacancy: Caseworker
JOB VACANCY: CASEWORKER
Patricia Gibson MP is recruiting a caseworker, based in her busy constituency office in Ardrossan. This is an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic, hard-working individual, who would like to be part of the small dedicated team supporting Patricia’s work for the constituents of North Ayrshire and Arran.
Location: North Ayrshire & Arran Constituency Office, Ardrossan.
Hours: Full time – Monday to Friday, 9.00am to 5.30pm.
Salary: Caseworker scale £19641 - £27876, placing dependent upon experience.
Details: Patricia Gibson MP is recruiting a caseworker, to join the team based in her busy constituency office in Ardrossan. The caseworker would work with colleagues to provide a dedicated support to constituents on a range of issues, and help resolve problems through liaison with government agencies and voluntary sector organisations.
This is a perfect opportunity for someone with experience of working with others, strong administrative and IT skills, and a positive attitude to work. Experience of casework is preferred but not essential, as training will be given.
Applicants should have a strong interest in local and national politics, and an awareness of the constituency of North Ayrshire & Arran.
Responsibilities will include: • Managing and progressing a portfolio of casework, including logging cases, taking appropriate actions promptly, monitoring progress, analysing patterns of enquiries.
• Liaising with government agencies, voluntary sector and other organisations to help resolve cases.
• Gathering relevant information to assist with resolving cases.
• Responding to correspondence and enquiries from constituents, including drafting letters, emails and documents.
• Retaining records and information confidentially and in line with the Data Protection Act.
• Maintaining, updating and developing knowledge of relevant legislation and guidance.
• Administrative and general support for the work of the office.
• Any other reasonable tasks as assigned by the MP.
• Educated to degree standard.
• Excellent IT skills including confident use of MS Office Applications, in particular Word.
• Office administration skills.
• High level of oral communication skills, and ability to deal with broad range of people and situations.
• Ability to produce written correspondence to a high professional standard.
• Motivated to work independently as well as the ability to work effectively as part of a small team.
• Positive, flexible approach to work.
• Broad range of office or administrative experience.
• Experience of casework.
• Previous use of electronic casework systems.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info.
MPs staff salaries are laid out by IPSA guidelines. Salaries are paid directly to staff by IPSA.
Please apply by sending your CV, and a covering letter, to firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for applications is Monday 25th September.