Carbon Monoxide - Be Alarmed!


Every year in the UK, around 40 people in the UK die from carbon monoxide poisoning (CO) and a further 4,000 people are treated in hospital. Being exposed to this poison can lead to permanent brain damage or even death.


Patricia recently met campaigners in Westminster, who are working to raise awareness of this danger which can lurk in our homes.


CO is produced when a fuel is not burnt properly. This mostly happens with faulty boilers, gas fires, cookers or when a chimney or ventilation shaft is blocked.


The six main symptoms of CO poisoning are: headaches, dizziness, nausea, breathlessness, collapse or loss of consciousness. These symptoms are often confused with a cold or flu. If your symptoms disappear when you leave your home or are affecting other people in your home as well, you may be exposed to CO, which cannot be seen, smelt or tasted.


Consider installing an audible CO alarm which can be bought from DIY shops, supermarkets or high street shops for around £15. It will ensure your home is safe from CO poisoning.


For more info visit www.co-bealarmed.co.uk

Useful Links
Search By Tags
  • Facebook Basic Black
  • Twitter Basic Black